Dogs will eat just about anything. But as a responsible pet parent, you need to feed your dog healthy snacks and food to boost their digestion and provide healthy nutrition for a long, happy lifespan. We’ve got a list of the best healthy dog treats available.
Helps Soothe Teething Pain And Sore Gums
Each & every Yak Stick provides good protein and fat for your dog.
Carefully selected to nourish and sustain your pet's wellbeing
Here Are Our 5 Favorite Healthy Dog Treats this Year
1. Best Healthy Dog Treat Overall: Rogue Pet Science The Yak Stick
The Yak Stick healthy dog treats are loaded with high-quality protein and healthy fats. Formulated based on real nutritional science for better pet food, The Yak Stick functions as a chew toy and as a treat. This is great for teething puppies but also for older dogs that love to chew.
This healthy dog treat is amazing because you can microwave the end of the stick treat when it gets too small so that it doesn’t create a choking hazard like other stick treats can do. The Yak Stick comes in multiple sizes, allowing you to customize the stick to your dog’s needs.
Made with 37 grams of protein and 5 grams of fat, The Yak Stick is a perfect balance of nutrients and calories. And all ingredients are the highest grade of color, density, and consistency. Rogue Pet Science goes the extra mile by providing third-party testing to validate the quality of their dog treats.
|Long-lasting, all-natural dog treats||More expensive than other treats|
|Has a solution to avoid choking on the end of the stick|
|High crude protein content|
|High quality, third-party tested, natural ingredients|
If you want the highest-quality, all-natural treats for your dog, shop our complete list of treats, toppers, and supplements that boost your dog’s immune system.
Related Link: The Best 10 High Fiber Foods for Your Dog
- Delicious, soft, grain-free dog treats made with real beef
- Made in the USA with global ingredients you can trust not artificially preserved or flavored
- Great as training treats for your healthy dog, or as an addition to their dry dog food or wet canned food routine
- Natural dog Snacks that provide the right balance of flavor and nutrition in every satisfying bite
2. Best Healthy Chewy Dog Treat: Hill’s Grain-Free Soft-Baked Naturals Dog Treats
The Hill’s Grain-Free Soft-Baked Naturals Dog Treats are sure to win over your dog. These all-natural, grain-free dog treats come in beef & sweet potatoes, chicken & carrots, and duck & pumpkin flavors. These small bites can be used for training treats too.
The protein is the first and main ingredient in each flavor and has a relatively short list of all-natural ingredients. Proteins and vegetables make up the bulk of the main ingredients. The Soft-Baked Naturals come from a reputable brand known for using sound science to formulate pet nutritional products.
|Protein is the first ingredient||Can dry out easily|
|Contains no grains, artificial dyes, or by-products||Can crumble when fresh|
|Very affordable price||May cause diarrhea for some dogs|
|Can be used for training treats because of their small size|
|Soft texture that many dogs love|
|Variety of flavors|
- MADE WITH REAL PUMPKIN: With ingredients like oatmeal, barley, and cinnamon-spiced pumpkin, they feature the ingredients you’ll be proud to feed your furry family members
- CRUNCHY DOG TREATS: For small, medium, or large dogs that prefer a crunch
- WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS: These dog treats don’t contain any chicken (or poultry) by-product meals and are free from corn, wheat, and soy. Plus, they’re free from artificial preservatives like BHA & artificial colors
- HEALTHY DOG TREATS: Made with only the finest natural ingredients and enhanced with vitamins and minerals
3. Best Healthy Dog Biscuit: Blue Buffalo Health Bars
The Blue Buffalo Health Bars are one of the most popular healthy dog treats on Amazon. If your dog prefers a crunchy biscuit over a chewy treat, then this is a great option. These Health Bars come in a wide variety of natural flavors, some favorites and some seasonal. Dogs go crazy for the:
- Chicken Liver
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese
- Pumpkin & Cinnamon
These healthy dog treats are made with all-natural ingredients and fortified with fatty acids and vitamins for added benefits. The ingredient list is longer than other treats on our list, but these win the popularity vote. The treats also don’t contain soy, corn, or wheat, which makes them a great treat choice for dogs with food allergies.
|Fortified with Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants||Oats are the first ingredients|
|Doesn’t contain by-products, soy, corn, wheat, or artificial flavors||Contains Cane Molasses|
|Made with all-natural ingredients|
Related Link: Healthy Weight: Weigh Gainers for Dogs
PET HEALTH NEWSLETTER
Join the Rogue Pack!
Sign up to get actionable pet health and nutrition advice read by over 80,000 pet lovers every month.
Pack Member Discounts & More
- MINI CRUNCHY TREATS: Grain-free treats are crunchy biscuits with real meaty marrow
- ALL NATURAL AND PROTEIN RICH: These treats are made with minimal ingredients focused on quality proteins
- THOUGHTFULLY MADE: No meat by-products, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- FIND THE RIGHT TREATS: All-natural recipe for every dog's needs and taste
- WELLNESS NUTRITION: Created by nutritionists, veterinarians and animal lovers
4. Best Healthy Dog Treat for Senior Dogs: Wellness Core Healthy Joints
The Wellness Core Healthy Joints is the perfect snack for your senior dog. As dog’s age, they need more calories and nutrients because their digestive systems do not absorb nutrients as well as when they were younger. Also, many senior dogs have hip and joint issues that could benefit from added supplements:
- Chondroitin Sulfate
These Healthy Joints treats for senior dogs are made with all quality proteins and minimal ingredients, and no grains. A crunchy biscuit that dogs enjoy, Healthy Joints treats’ main ingredient is beef and includes other proteins like bone marrow, chicken fat, and pork stock.
|Formulated for older dogs with hip and joint issues||May dry out if not properly sealed|
|No preservatives, unnatural flavors, or dyes||May cause diarrhea or vomiting|
|Beef is the main ingredient||Not suitable for dogs with allergies|
|Fortified with supplements and natural herbs|
5. Best Healthy Dog Treat for Puppies: N-Bone Puppy Teething Sticks
Puppies are high-energy and love to chew. On everything. Because puppies are consuming lots of training treats as they learn to behave, it’s important to only give your puppy healthy dog treats.
We picked the N-Bone Puppy Teething Sticks because these all-natural treats are designed for chewing and teething, which helps soothe sore gums and tender teeth with its flexible design. These chew treats are fairly durable and long-lasting.
The N-Bone Puppy Teething Sticks contain only 5 all-natural ingredients. It’s a definite bonus when you can read all the ingredients and recognize what it is. The main proteins are soy protein and chicken meal, with a solid crude protein percentage of 24%.
|Help relieve the need to chew||May cause some puppies to choke or gag|
|All-natural ingredients||Can confuse some puppies if they think it is a stick|
|Fortified with calcium||Messier treat then other options|
|No preservatives or artificial colors|
|Delicious taste that puppies enjoy|
Rogue Pet Science combines science and nutrition to make the best natural, healthy pet treats and supplements. Our tasty treats are a dog favorite, packed with proteins and healthy fats. Your dog will be begging for more.
Want the best all-natural treats and chews for your dog? Shop our high-quality treats that also promote a healthy diet.
Related Link: Why “FED” is the Best Strategy